Equinor set to drill Norwegian Sea wildcat

Norwegian oil major Equinor has been given a drilling permit to drill a new wildcat well in the Norwegian Sea, offshore Norway.

Under the permit, given to Equinor by the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD), the well will be drilled in production license 939 using Seadrill’s West Hercules drilling rig.

Equinor is the operator with an ownership interest of 70 per cent. The partner in the license is PGNiG Norway which holds the remaining 30 per cent in the license. The drilling programme for the well designated 6407/1-9 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well.

IamFire plc (AQSE:FIRE) is an Investment Issuer Listed on the AQSE Growth Market Exchange. The company has an investment strategy focused on the identification of opportunities in Life Sciences, Technology & Natural Resources.

Click to view all articles for the EPIC:
Or click to view the full company profile:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

More articles like this

Caprentaria-1 flows gas

Empire Energy has successfully flowed gas to surface from the Carpentaria-1 well, located in the Beetaloo Basin, Northern Territory. The hydraulic fracture stimulation spread which completed the four-stage program at the well has been released and a coiled

Central ignites production at Range

Central Petroleum has commenced gas production at the Range pilot project in Queensland after drilling three wells and commissioning its surface facilities. The pumps have been started at low speeds and the wells are producing water to the

Australian wells creating multi-billion opportunity for P&A

Australia is about to see its largest-ever wave of offshore development wells that reach the end of their producing life and need to be decommissioned, according to energy intelligence firm Rystad Energy. This task is both adding headaches

Venus results boost Pure Hydrogen confidence

Pure Hydrogen has recorded an initial gas breakout at its Venus-1 well, located on Project Venus in Central Queensland, after only 50 barrels of water production. The early gas breakout confirms the interpreted high gas saturation of the

30 FPSOs to become available by end of 2022

Market research provider and consultancy Westwood Global Energy Group has estimated that 30 floating, production, supply, and offloading (FPSO) vessels will become available by the end of 2022. A new analysis from Westwood Global Energy Group revealed that