NQ Minerals (NEX:NQMI), the base and precious metals producer from the Hellyer Gold Mine in Tasmania Australia, has announced that it has contracted a second, high capacity mining dredge for its operations. This 100 tonne per hour mining dredge is targeted to be on-site and operational at Hellyer by year end and will complement the existing mining dredge, Seabird III, that is currently feeding 110 tph to the processing plant.
The second dredge provides for,
· the opportunity to increase the tonnage through the plant;
· reducing the risk of a major stoppage of feed to the plant;
· continuity and consistency of feed tonnage and grade to the plant;
· options in relation to tails transfer logistics; and
· backup operation when the Seabird III is being serviced or maintained, which has equated to 22 hours per months on average so far this year.
David Lenigas, Chairman of NQ Minerals, commented:
“This additional mining capacity will provide valuable back-up for operations at the Hellyer Mine and allow for additional plant feed through 2020 as the management on site optimise throughput towards full production.”