Water-In-Oil Emulsion Fuel Technology
- Conventional emulsion systems add water to marine fuels to produce Water-in-Oil emulsions
- This reduces NOx (each % of water added reduces NOx by a % typically)
- Also improves combustion and reduces Black Carbon due to secondary fuel atomisation
- Potential for higher engine efficiency in some cases
- Implemented by installing an emulsion system on the vessel
Quadrise Fuels International plc (LON:QFI) is the global innovator and licensor of disruptive heavy oil technology that produces MSAR® fuel. The Quadrise team is a unique combination of energy sector experts and fuel specialists that were instrumental in the prior commercialisation of 60 million tons of Orimulsion® fuel worldwide.