Touchstone Exploration eager to commence first production

Touchstone Exploration Inc. (LON:TXP) has provides an update on the construction of the Cascadura facility and Royston-1X production testing. Touchstone has an 80 percent operating working interest in the Cascadura field and the Royston-1X well, which is located on the Ortoire block onshore in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. Heritage Petroleum Company Limited holds the remaining 20 percent working interest.


The Cascadura-1ST1 and Cascadura Deep-1 downhole safety plugs were removed on July 8 and July 9, 2023, respectively. Both wells are currently shut in, with wellhead pressures at approximately 4,100 pounds per square inch. It is anticipated that the Cascadura natural gas and liquids facility will operate between approximately 600 to 750 pounds per square inch.

On July 20, 2023 we completed the initial operational preparedness inspection of the facility with the Ministry of Energy and Energy Industries (“MEEI”) which involved a comprehensive evaluation of the facility’s infrastructure, safety protocols, and operational procedures. Following the inspection, minor modifications to optimize the facility’s performance and operational protocols were completed and the facility was mechanically complete on July 30, 2023. Pressure testing of the facility with inert nitrogen gas commenced on July 28, 2023, and is now 70% complete.

As we continue to pressure test the facility, we will finalize the electrical and instrumentation connections required to link the Cascadura facility to the National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago pipeline tie-in point. We are scheduling the final MEEI inspection this week prior to the introduction of initial natural gas into the system.


Production testing at Royston-1X is ongoing and the Company will update the market when testing has concluded.

Paul Baay, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented:

Touchstone is working diligently to complete the commissioning of the facility and we are eager to commence first production. We continually strive to meet or exceed all industry regulations and guidelines and our adherence to the highest health and safety standards will continue to guide us through the completion of the facility.

Click to view all articles for the EPIC:
Or click to view the full company profile:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Touchstone Exploration

More articles like this

Touchstone Exploration

Minister Young meets with Touchstone Board

The Minister of Energy and Energy Industries and Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister, Stuart R. Young, M.P., met with the board of directors at Touchstone Exploration Inc. The meeting took place at the Hyatt Regency

Touchstone Exploration

Touchstone provides cascadura production update

Touchstone Exploration has provided an update regarding natural gas and liquids production volumes from the recently commissioned Cascadura facility. Touchstone has an 80 percent operating working interest in the Cascadura field, which is located on the Ortoire block

Touchstone Exploration

Cascadura facility delivers first production

Touchstone Exploration says the Cascadura natural gas and liquids facility has safely delivered first production. The company has an 80% working interest in the field, located in T&T’s onshore Ortoire block, while Heritage Petroleum holds the remaining 20%.

Touchstone Exploration

Touchstone delivers first gas from Cascadura in Trinidad

Calgary-based Touchstone Exploration Inc. has officially announced the commencement of production at its Cascadura natural gas and liquids facility in Trinidad. This announcement heralds a significant transition for Touchstone, pivoting the company’s operations to be more natural gas-centric.

Touchstone Exploration

Trinidad hydrocarbons output

Hydrocarbons data just released by Trinidad and Tobago’s government reveals the challenge the country faces to break its production stalemate. Energy ministry information shows that output of natural gas in the first half of 2023 averaged 2.64Bf3/d (billion cubic

Touchstone Exploration

Touchstone Exploration Cascadura delivers first production

Touchstone Exploration Inc (LON:TXP) has announced that the Cascadura natural gas and liquids facility has safely delivered first production. Touchstone has an 80 percent operating working interest in the Cascadura field, which is located on the Ortoire block

Touchstone Exploration

How specialized transport vehicles are driving green change

The global energy transition to greener and more environmentally friendly fuel sources is being realised in the specialized transport sector, as well as the wider construction industry. Companies and governments are now considering how to supply sites with

Touchstone Exploration

Fyzabad Heavy Oil Field, Trinidad and Tobago

Fyzabad is a producing heavy oil field located onshore Trinidad and Tobago and is operated by Primera Oil and Gas. According to GlobalData, who tracks more than 34,000 active and developing oil and gas fields worldwide, the field is

Touchstone Exploration

Touchstone Exploration advances Royston-1X well testing

Touchstone Exploration Inc, the Calgary-based oil and gas company with a primary focus on Trinidad and Tobago, has successfully completed its program of five production test intervals at the Royston-1X well.  The Royston-1X well, in which Touchstone holds an

Touchstone Exploration

Touchstone Exploration updates on Royston-1X, Cascadura and Coho

Touchstone Exploration Inc (LON:TXP) has provided an update on Royston-1X well production testing, commissioning of the Cascadura natural gas and liquids facility, and operations at Coho. Touchstone has an 80 percent operating working interest in the Royston-1X sidetrack

Touchstone Exploration

Natural gas to be driving force in road to net zero

Natural gas producers have a pivotal role to play in the energy transition despite concerns around its impact on the environment, the Al-Attiyah Foundation reports in its latest Sustainability Research Paper ‘The Role of Natural Gas – Transition

Touchstone Exploration

Touchstone Exploration releases 2022 ESG Report

Touchstone Exploration Inc (LON:TXP) has announced the release of its 2022 ESG Report.   The Report outlines our progress in achieving our environmental, social and governance objectives in the 2022 year and represents Touchstone’s third year of ESG reporting. The

Touchstone Exploration

Gas critical to Trinidad and Tobago’s prosperity

Mark Loquan, President at The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited, discusses with NGW the critical role of gas domestically in the country, how to spur greater investment in supply and the competitive edge that its

No more posts to show